Wednesday, May 25, 2016

What's Up Wednesday {5-25-16}





What we're eating this week:
We have had THIS recipe TWICE this week because its so tasty!  
Thai Pineapple Peanut Chicken Satay - the best satay ever! smothered in incredible sauce of pineapple juice, brown sugar, peanut butter, etc.. and can be grilled or broiled. #chickensatay #satay #peanut #Thai
Other than that, we have been cleaning out the freezer so lots of leftovers and mismatched foods. 

My baby boy is just starting solids and he's been enjoying sweet potatoes this week along with pears, apples, oatmeal, We have found that bananas and green beans are not his favorite. #hetakesafterhisMama


What I'm reminiscing about:
My sweet boy just turned six months old last week.  I can't believe how fast he is growing!
Wasn't he just this sweet little newborn....yesterday?

What I'm Loving:

This age has been SO fun with my little guy.  He is so full of JOY.  His laugh is infectious, his smile lights up the room, and each day it seems like he is discovering something new.


What we've been up to:
We seem to have a pretty laid back schedule these days.  Between naps, play mat time, going for a walk, Nana's daily visits, cleaning up the kitchen, laundry, dishes, sweeping, baking, and reading blogs....we are pretty busy!  


What I'm dreading:
I started the school year, and had to go on maternity leave a bit early due to pre-term labor.  That meant a long-term sub would finish out the school year for me since I knew I wasn't planning on going back.  
However, that means that I have to clean out my WHOLE classroom.  Gulp.  
Thankfully, I have a sweet girl who is just starting her teaching career this fall and needs classroom supplies, so essentially I just need to pack it up all and put it in HER garage instead of mine.  But still. 

So. Much. Packing.

What I'm working on:


Mother's Day weekend, we built 4 raised beds.  Well, first we rototilled the side yard we have.  And by WE, I mean my husband. 
 The next weekend we filled them up with dirt, and then we planted!  So, I am working on a) not killing everything, b) patience to believe things WILL grow and c) learning about how all of this works.  Believe it or not, it is more complicated than plant, water, grow.  

What I'm excited about:
Blogging again!  I had a 'lifestyle' type blog for years...and then life just got in the way.  I was so exhausted coming home from school each day that I didn't feel like I had anything to say.  Then I had a teaching blog, and that was fun too, but since I am now a stay-at-home Mom, I thought I would give it a shot again.  Really enjoying it so far!


What I'm watching/reading:
While I don't watch the Bachelorette or Bachelor, I DIE over Sheaffer Told Me To's recap posts.  I usually end up reading them twice...once to myself, and then again to my husband. 

I am also working through James Dobson's "Bringing up Boys".  Somewhere recently I heard a quote talking about parenting/having a baby.  They said that the bet advice they heard was not necessarily to read books about giving birth and labor....that is going to happen in some way/shape/form no matter what.  But instead, focus on reading about parenting and raising your child as that will be determined by what type of parent you are, even from an early age.  I just LOVED this.  

Watching... everything is ending!  I still like my usuals...Live with Kelly, The Chew, and Ellen.  You can pretty much find these on my DVR at anypoint.  


What I'm listening to:

A few months ago, itunes started making you pay for their 'radio' services.  Not cool.  
BUT, I discovered Amazon Prime Music.  So, each day when I go walking, I plug in my earbuds, and turn on the current pop music...and off we go!  

What I'm wearing:
Mom life has me sporting spit up and baby drool; and baby led weaning has me sporting lots of baby food smears.  Throw in my comfy yoga pants, my workout pants, and a good old nursing bra.... nothing spectacular over here.  Just being real.  

What I'm doing this weekend:
It's Memorial Day, which means an extra day off for my hubby on Monday in honor of our nation's heroes.  We are headed over to his family's house where we will soak up family time, cousin time, and relaxing.  

What I'm looking forward to next month:
Walking!  Each summer, after my Mom is on summer break, my parents and I walk each morning through trails in our town. Three years ago, it was just the three of us.  Last year we added a dog.  And a baby bump.  And this year my little man gets to come too!
Thankfully it is wide enough for the stroller and the dog. 

What else is new:
5 nights in a row, the baby has slept from the time I put him down (between 6:30 and 7) until about 11.  Now if only he would CONTINUE to sleep...so tired.  
But I will take what I can get, and I love that he is sleeping so well! 



No comments:

Post a Comment