Monday, May 23, 2016

Welcome!

Late last year, I hung up my teacher lanyard and became a stay-at-home Mom.  In between feeding, praying the baby sleeps, changing diapers, and staring at the monitor for hours, I sneak in some time for my others loves: reading blogs, loosing track of time on Pinterest, baking, pretending I know how to garden, and attempting to clean my house (I don't really love this, I just seem to spend a lot of time doing it...)..

Why "Boxed Cakes and Babies" you ask?

While I have a side business and bake cookies, cakes, do weddings, and generally make everything homemade that we eat.... my favorite desert is a good old boxed cake mix with a can of frosting on top.

And babies?  Well, having babies and being a Mom is something I have dreamed of since I was still a babe myself.  My journey to motherhood has been full of bumps along the road so I am soaking up each and every day on this great adventure.  My clothing, coincidentally, seems to also be soaking it up too.... soaking up each drool, spit up, poop stain, etc. :)

My hope is this blog will be an outlet for sharing stories, recipes, goals, weird things I find on Amazon while browing at 2AM since the baby is STARVING, and maybe even a place to find some common ground with other Moms who are in the trenches.

Here is to hoping that I get at least 2 hours of sleep tonight, and remember to post tomorrow!


2 comments:

  1. You're back!!! YAYYYYYYY!! I wondered if it was you when you commented on my blog about Polygamy. Funny thing I had just thought about you a few weeks ago and wondered where your blog went! I'm excited you're back and even more excited that you're a Mommy now!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't sure if you would remember me, so I didn't want to be weird and comment "Hi, you used to read my blog" hahahaha ;)

      I am LOVING blogging again...but even in my three year break, I never stopped reading blogs... including yours!

      Delete