Thursday, June 2, 2016

Life Lately {6-2-16}

As a new, first time, stay-at-home Mom, I am in a season of life that is brand new to me.

I feel busy, but not stressed.
My days fly by.... most of the time.
I can tell we have a rhythm.. but it seems to always be changing.

In the thick of it today, my kitchen was a mess, my baby was grumpy, I had drool down my shoulder, avocado in my hair, and I couldn't remember the last time I went to the bathroom.

Just being real.  

I think sometimes when you are someone who struggled to get pregnant, people think you have to enjoy it all, all the time.

But some days are HARD.  And some days are LONG.  And some days as soon as my husband gets home, I hand the baby off to him REALLY QUICKLY. :)

But I truly am loving this season of life.  Getting to spend so much time with my little guy, not having any real schedule or plan each day... its a great change of pace for me.

Someday, I know I will not remember these days, so this is more for me as a way to remember how we spent this first year together.

Aiden's Schedule at 6 MONTHS

Wake Up: It really varies.  Depending on when he goes to sleep the night before, or if he just decides he wants to see his Daddy before he leaves for work :)  Some mornings its 6:00, if I'm lucky its 6:30, and if it was like this morning... it was 4:20.  He goes to sleep between 6:00 and 7:00, so he gets close to 11-12 hours each night.

I usually just pull him in bed with me during this awake time, and I doze in an out while he plays laying in bed.  Sometimes I put him in the co-sleeper we still have set up, and he is very content to play in there.
If he wakes up super early {like today}, then he usually only lasts an hour, or an hour and a half at most.  Some mornings, he will go back to sleep and cuddle with me.  I love these moments, holding him, and looking at him sleeping.

Exhibit A:

After we get up, I nurse.  He is super snuggly during this time which just makes my heart melt.

Normally during this time, Nana comes over on her way to work.  My Mom can't get enough, so she stops by each morning to have a cup of coffee with her 'sweet pea', and give me a few minutes of a break.

Then Aiden eats some food, and our day gets going!

He stays awake for about 2 hours and then down for a nap.  Right now, he is sleeping about an hour, and occasionally an hour and a half..... on days when the heavens open up and Mama is gifted with those extra 30 minutes.

He nurses when he wakes, and then 30 minutes later we eat again.

Our days are spent on the play mat, in the swing, in the bumbo on the counter, in the Solly Wrap, occasionally going grocery shopping or running an errand in town, taking walks, singing, baking, cooking, and cleaning.

I know these days won't last, and I am soaking up each and every moment!






No comments:

Post a Comment